Devoted to its guests…
A fairy-tale castle.
People who enter the wonderful park of Eckberg Castle will be reminded of the fairytales of their childhood. High above the river Elbe, between Dresden’s historic city centre and the “Weißer Hirsch” district of the city, surrounded by old trees, this palatial manor house with a rich tradition looks down from above with the unmistakable charm of private seclusion.
The castle owner was the merchant and patron Johann Souchay, who had Eckberg Castle built in Tudor style between 1859 and 1861 by Dresden-based architect Christian Friedrich Arnold, one of the most prominent pupils of Gottfried Semper, the creator of the Dresden opera house that was named after him.
After a chequered history the site was taken over by the Munich-based ARGENTA group, which had the castle complex and the park completely renovated and converted into a luxury hotel based on the plans of the Italian interior architect Danilo Silvestrin. Enjoy the tranquillity, the exclusivity and the wonderful ambience of Eckberg Castle and its extensive, idyllic park.